Sunday 27 March 2016

Further research and evaluation

Have been continuing to research different forms of accessible and playful hanging art such as these images of the Festa Major de Gracia:









Also have been continuing to study plant forms both real and fictitious and the structures from which they hang:


Continued to experiment with wire and pipe cleaners making shapes mostly based on Edward Lear's Nonsense botany. It has been fun to use my imagination to rework these black and white drawings into colourful forms. I am seeing that some of the forms I make work because of their movement when they hang and some don't as some are top heavy meaning they are limp and do not have any bounce. After this editing process I think I will continue to make more of the shapes I am most happy with and experiment with the ways in which they can be hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment