Wednesday 14 October 2015

Research


Thinking about my current work (which I haven't got around to uploading yet); I've been making a lot of pieces using pro markers and letting them bleed through the page after being inspired by Daniel Eatock. I've gotten to a point with them where I would really like to develop them into large-scale screen prints. I think this method would allow me to re print them over and over possibly in a repeat pattern. I think seeing them this way will allow them to become this kind of all consuming decoration which is what I am inspired by and am aiming for in my projects this year. 

CY Twombly

Although I want to make seen prints I do not want a very tidy, controlled aesthetic. I want it to be expressive and paintilly like my origonal works, therefore I am looking at CY Twombly's work to explore how to capture that expression on a larger scale.  



Steve Wright - The House of dreams

I plan to visit and draw from Steve Wright's piece on its next opening date as it captures this all consuming decorative unpretentious humerous aesthetic I want in my own work.  





Stephen Fowler

I have looked at Stephen Fowler before while researching stamps. Here he runs a workshop on roller printing which looks like a really fun method of pattern making I would like to try.








 Barbara Rae

 Barbara Rae makes expressive painterly prints like I would also like to - in a different style but I would like to explore similar methods such as true grain screen printing.





No comments:

Post a Comment