Monday 11 January 2016

current work


Was experimenting again today with scenery making...exploring further my ideas around paths....and using photocopies of my work as back drops and cutting things out to create depth....












Started making some more wire sculptures...i like this way of working...Like Calder's work(of corse not as good) they are simple...instant...its like drawing in the air. I used drawings from highgate cemetery for inspiration...i saw a fox while there and drew it very quickly...it took on a strange shape as it was so rushed...











Another thing I like a lot about the wire sculptures is their shadows... I like how the forms changed become more distorted...











Looked at Christian Boltanski's work. Am really inspired by the way his work is displayed....The figures are nice but it is their shadows which are the main feature.... I would like to display my work in this way somehow....













Slightly irrelevent but I went to a city farm this weekend and had fun animating some of the characters there using the motion portrait app



 

No comments:

Post a Comment