Tuesday 5 April 2016

Linocut/ Mobile


Currently working on a set of prints I've been comissioned  to do based on the Hampstead Heath secret garden. This commission was a result of posting online about the wedding invitations I illustrated. Here is a peak at what I have lino-cutted so far...




Have been continuing to look at images of strange plants to inform the fictitional plant forms that will go on my mobiles. Mostly the plant forms are inspired by real plants at the barbican conservatory; images of old botanical illustrations; and Edward Lear's nonsense botany. I also occasionally skim through internet images of plants I do not have access to such as this one:


Today I continued to experiment making pipe cleaner plant forms:




Also developed my ideas of mobile making by using stronger wire (better photography to come!)



The strong wire works much better; now I think it is just a case of figuring out what shape mobile I wish to make with further experimentation. I also thought it would be nice to wrap the wire with pipe cleaners to continue the aesthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment